i need a part for a Sachs transmission

hey i need a new dranage plug for a Sachs transmission. its a short, wide, plastic screw. if you still cant understand what im talking about this may help.

its the piece right under the "S" and Sachs on the trans.

Re: i need a part for a Sachs transmission

I have a brand new clutch cover with the screw, but I don't want to seperate the two. I'll sell you the cover. Let me know.

BK

if i replace the cover that means i have to put a new seal on it right? im interested. you arent by any chance coming to the barbecue that we are having in chicago this weekend are you?

Yup. I'll be there. I think I may have some seals as well. I have a crapload of Sachs engine parts so if you need anything let me know. Curt has gotten a lot of stuff from me, so he'll vouch for me. I won't be arriving in Chicago though until early afternoon Saturday. Me and some Motion Lefters are riding the 100 miles from Elkhart to Chicago. I'll get back to you tonight about the seals and the price.

BK

I tons of seals too. I can hook it all up for ya for $20. That cool?? Any other Sachs stuff you need let me know.

BK

yeah bring that, ill buy it. ill let you know in the next day or so if i need anything else.

cool.

BK

take the cover to your local plumbing supply place and see if you can fond a brass compression fitting that will work. That's what I did for years.

It stuck out a little, but didn't leak and it never stripped out like the damn original bolt.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account