hotwire

I tried to hotwire my moped and now i can't get any spark can anyone help?

Re: hotwire

what did you do to "hotwire" it?

Ian Jeske /
ige OP

i took the front panel off and connected the 2 wires coming out of the ignition. the engine turns over, but theres no spark

Matt Rusiniak /

dont connect em

break em apart

when you connect em you ground it (on most mopeds) just insulate each end apart, i did that to my honda when i lost the key

What kind of moped is it?

Ian Jeske /
ige OP

I think its called a sundiro. i bought it at a swap meet and didn't make the greatest purchase cuz i didn't know what i was doin then.

Jazza Razzza /

can anyone put that in laymans terms, ive had my ped down here in my garage for ages, lost both keys, and the garage say they will charge me

my ignition switch has 4 wires. Two get connected and two get disconnected when the key turns..

At first i didnt have a key and the key-switch was ruined anyway, so all i did was remove the whole switch body (from the headlight on a Honda PA50) and separate the two sections of the switch.

The front, metal key-section clips to the plastic rear wiring section. It falls apart into the two sections.

Then i turned the rear wiring section to the "ON" position with a screwdriver and stuck it back into the headlight.. The bike was ON all the time. I didn't need to know what the wires actually did.

Later on i found an ignition with a key on a parts bike from the junkyard.. nice..

Jazza Razzza /

ive recently lost the key to my moped, but have had it in my garage for ages, i have managed to hotwire it, bt the handlebars are locked in place, and i dont have the key for the moped, how can i get the bars freed?

cheers

azza

Someone's gotta cut the steering lock.. or pick it or.. am i missing something?

Jazza Razzza /

how would one go about that, is it regularly eazy??

or can someone reccomend a lock picking tool i can buy?

azza

Ben Van Zoest /

You could take the ped to a locksmith may cost up to 89-90$ Yes, they pick it to remove barrel I observed how he did it on a Puch which I had bought w/h keys, making a new key is very time consuming OR you can drill out the entire cylinder and locking pin falls out to unlock fork. I am not clear if you had a key operated kill switch you could replace that with a 10$ aftermarket one.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account