Snapped throttle cable...

Christian Baekkelund /

So today I was sitting at a red light and when it turned green, and I hit the gas, I felt a pop, and nothing happened.

Upon getting home, I quickly realized that my throttle cable where it fed into the carb., had popped out/loose. After looking at it, it is now hanging loose out of the carb.

I need to reconnect it, but really not sure about just how much I have to do, and very wary of having to dismantle a lot of stuff...it's a Tomos Bullet A3 ('87)...so getting to the carb is a nightmare...

Any advice on how to fix this?

Re: Snapped throttle cable...

Christian Baekkelund /

I really need some help here...as a total novice, can anyone tell me how the throttle cable hooks up in the carb?...

As I said, it basically, well, came out of the carb....

Do I need a new throttle cable completely? Did it break off in the carb, or just come loose?

Is there anyway to re-attach the cable without taking everything apart? (Given that this is a Tomos and I'm a novice, I rue trying to get the carb out and back in.)

Re: Snapped throttle cable...

Ned Renner /

You probably need a little mechanical confidence but once you see what a shop would charge you may gain that. Sounds like you need a new cable with the plastic and metal cover it slides through. Most carbs have the cable connected to a sliding barrel inside the top of the carb. The top screws off and the barrel pulls out on the cable. The attachment off cable and the barrel is obvious once apart. If you are ok with basic hand tools this will not be a bad job. Someone with a similar bike should respond. I'm not a Tomos rider.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account