My Moped won't crank need help

Brandon Landreth /

I have a 1982 Suzuki Fa50 that only cranks somtimes. I know nothing about two cycle engines. But it cranks when i put a new spark plug in and then it burns up the spark plugs and i have to put another spark plug in it to get it to crank agian. Can anybody help me

Re: My Moped won't crank need help

i have the same mobb on the motor on the rear breah wire there is a plug that goes left and right if it's right it wont crank

look for t his...

My Moped won't crank need help

what does the plug look like when u take it out and what plug are you using- i have 89 fa50- every book list WRONG plug- am using a NGK #3611 with a .028 gap- mine runs the balls....

Re: My Moped won't crank need help

Brandon Landreth /

Thanks jayhawke. I had been running a boat motor spark plug, probly the same kind u are, it was an ngk. My grandpa use to have a moped like mine and said that the plugs were the wrong kind. When i bought the moped i got another one with it that was almost identical but in really bad shape, to have spare parts. It turns out that the original "or what i think is the original, or at least the correct spark plug" was still in the old moped so i swaped the spark plugs and my moped has ran since without burning up the plug. if you want i can get the number off the spark plug for you.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account