yamaha part

Can some one tell me what the part number Fu637sd is for on a yamaha qt50. I think this is the blinker unit but not sure . It only has two connectores on it. I have a bike in a box and need to know what this part is for. I jumped the wires and now have spark but I'm not sure it will run. Any experts out there or some one with a qt that can check.

Bob

Re: yamaha part

could you possibly take a pic of it? If i saw it, i could tell you what it is.

Is it a little black box with one female wire coming out of it?

Most of the wiring on that ped is simple....just connect the same colored wires.

I can look in my manual, but i dont think it is in there... let me go look.....nope its not in there

Nick

Bob Phillips /

Thanks Nick, I attached a picture of the part. The bike is in a box. I did manage to get spark today. I have a schematic I got off the net but it shows all the wires going to the key switch. I don't have a key switch so I hot wired it. I don't know if the spark is the start spark or the run spark of what the difference is. Just hope I can get it to run.

Thanks

Bob

1088629611_part.jpg

ok-

the "start" position allows the ped to start, but you are not able to increase engine RPM (safety feature) kinda just use that as a warm up thing

then the "run" feature allows the bike to move

Im going to go outside and see what that is on my bike. It looks like the thing for the turn signals that goes in the front wire box, but ill go make sure.

Yes that is what it is. It goes behind all of the other wires, and clamps to the back of the box.

THere should be 3 brown wires all fused into onw white male connector that looks kinda likt an L. That just slips onto the prongs of the part you have shown.

Sorry for the vague description. My camera is MIA- the parents took and didnt return it yet lol

Nick

Bob Phillips /

Thanks Nick,, I just hope the hot wire job will allow the motor to start and run with out the need for the " start" "run" set up. It has a good spark so it should start. I'll keep you posted on the progress of the bike.

Thanks again.

Bob

any time

Here is a pic of the wire box.

You can just make out the part that you were asking about in the bottom left hand corner

Nick

1088704721_mvc003s.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account