broken on/off switch handle

the handle for my on/off switch on my '78 sears free spirit broke off, wondering if someone had a suggestion for this so i dont break the bank.

thanks

Re: broken on/off switch handle

Marc Dimmitt /

If it's anything like the broken switch on my peugeot 103 you could drill a small hole in the remaining part of the switch block and put a small (1/2"-3/4") #6 or #8 screw in the hole. Best would be to tap the hole and use a machine screw. Don't know how handy with tools you are or what tools you have available but you could even make a new paddle and drill a hole thru it for a more elegant fix. Just don't drill too deep into the switch body or you'll puke the switch. I plan to fix my switch soon but in theory this should work if it is only the paddle that broke off.

James Foster /

Hey there I have the exact same model and the same thing happend to me. :( I just saved the hassle of trying to fix it by buying a new cev round stop switch. I got it from www.mopedwarehouse.com and it was $16, which isn't too bad. And if you need any more help on you're model, I will try to help you out. :)

JF

thanks for the help, much appreciated.

James Foster /

No problem, glad to help. :)

JF

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account