Tomos wont START!!!!

Red Larsen /

I got a 2001 Tomos Targa LX

Ok, so ive had problems with my transmission that i just fixed with some transmission fluid.

Only one problem, IT WONT START!

After i did the fluid it wouldnt start so my friend choked which i had never done before even tho ive flooded the engine twice before. I dont know why he did that. So when i try to start it it sometimes idols and then cuts out, but thats it. The choke lever wont go back up by itself and i dont no what to do.

-Red

Re: Tomos wont START!!!!

Have you tried to turn the throttle all the way... It should "click" and the choke should pop back up...

Alan

Red Larsen /

Yeah, I tried that, but nothin

Thanks anyway

Using the choke makes the fuel air mix richer making it easier to start. Also, is your idle speed set correctly? Try increasing it.

Red Larsen /

How do i set my idle speed?

-Red

There is an screw on the carb (flat/hex head w/ a spring on it). Turn it in for higher speed, turn it out for lower speed.

Red Larsen /

Tried that, no good.

I might just need to rebuild my carb. Im not sure tho

Thanks

It sounds like the throttle cable is not routed correctly. Specificly in the carburator where it attaches to the slide in the carburator. Take the top of the carburator off. The two screws where the cable goes in. After undoing those screws the top will come off and the slide will come out too. There is a spring between the top of the carburator and the top of the slide. The cable either goes around the spring or through the center, I forget which one. But if it is the wrong way then the choke will not disengage, it is currently installed the wrong way.

Been there done that.

Red Larsen /

OK, thanks man

Ill give it a try

-Red

cable should go through the center of the carb spring

Red Larsen /

Yo, thanks guys

Runs like it used to now.

You all is the shit

-Red

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account