piston clearence

Jason Luther /

my engine kept, well seizing i think. it would grind to a hault, and then if i wait about 10 seconds it will crank over and start for a while then do it again. (by the forth time i figured out what it was doing.) its a wards riverside with a brand new piston, and i had the cylinder bored to fit the piston. its an iron cylinder and aluminum piston and the guy said he gave it .0015" clearence. is this enough? im also having carb problems so it may be not enough fuel causing it to seize. please give some advice, ive about had it with this thing.thanks-jason

Re: piston clearence

Gregory Mcintire /

The specs according to the service manual for a Puch moped with the cast iron cylinder are minimum of .0014" and maximum of .0020". I am sorry I can't be of any more help than that.

Re: piston clearence

Jason Luther /

thanks, ive checked other moped manuals online and have found quite a wide ranging gap clearances. i took the engine apart and it was completely dry. i think through a combination of problems, its a fuel concern.-jason

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account