Need To Know How To Do The Transmission On Tomos!!

Red Larsen /

My 2001 Tomos Targa LX has been shifting a little slow lately. I need to add more transmission fluid but im not sure if im puttin it in the right place and it always seems to leak out a hole in the bottom of the moped. If anyone has info or like a diagram or a manual they can send it would help.

Thanks

-Red

Re: Need To Know How To Do The Transmission On Tom

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

There is supposed to be a screw in that hole in the bottom, to hold the fluid in. You may be missing it. In that case you are also missing all of your tranny fluid. Yay.

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Oh yea to answer your question, take off the right side cover. There should be a large flathead screw that you pour the tranny fluid in. Unscrew and pour. Enjoy the results.

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Oh and unscrew the small flathead screw on the side. Stop filling once your tranny fluid started leaking from there. Yup.

Red Larsen /
red OP

Yo thanks alot man.

I is missin the screw.

You helped alot man

Thanks

-Red

You pour it through the top hole (the bolt under the airbox/carb) untill it starts coming out the hole in the middle (on the cover, 1/3 of the way up and it's a philips head screw). When it stops puring out, you have the right ammount. Remember to do this when the transmission is warm.

Red Larsen /
red OP

OK, I got the new screw, put in the right transmission fluid and it doesnt leak.

Only one problem, IT WONT START!

After i did the fluid it wouldnt start so my friend choked which i had never done before even tho ive flooded the engine twice before. So when i try to start it it sometimes idols but thats it. The choke lever wont go back up by itself and i dont no what to do.

-Red

Twist the throttle grip all the waqy to max acclerate. This causes the choke to pop up. But, if the throttle cable has stretched over time, it will need adjusting to do this properly.

just twist the throttle all the way back and youll hear a click sound and thats the choke going up. maybe u have a problem like i did which is that the grip got loose from the throttle so u could keep spinning it back all day cause the grip wasnt really glued to the throttle. So what i did was i went to cvs, bought a bottle of krazy glue. and poowerd it on the throttle , * only where the grip touches, no were welse!! and then i put the grip back on and let it dry. took about 2 minutes to do and 6 minutes to dry. but idk if thats the case. maybe ur throttle cable needs adjusting ...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account