Nothing

Aharon Sandland /

road ped to work in the north end everything was fine, got on it to leave nothing....

one catch though, I was tinkering with my right brake because the tension was low, so I started to take some things apart and I disconected the wires that make the brake light turn on when the brake is pressed. The thing is the right brake handle has never made the light go on in the back I always have to press the left with the right inorder to let people know that i am slowing down. QUESTION: did I short the battery? can this happen? there is a blue and white wire, what should I do?

Aaron

Re: Nothing

Keith Wallace /

Does this ped have a battery? Most don't. Most mopeds require the tail light to be connected to start the engine- make sure you hooked it back up after messing around.

Aharon Sandland /

It's disconnected from the hand brake, would that matter?

Aharon

Check and make sure the wires are connected to the switch on the brake lever, or it might have gone bad.

The garelli's I have seen did not have a battery..

Aharon Sandland /

im baffled, i've got a white and blue wire that were never connected to anything, I untaped them and now i've got a problem. I should for now on leave mickey moused things mickey moused.

Aharon,

I am not around this weekend but maybe I could cruise down there after work sometime and take a look. I ride everyday and could easily hit the Allston area on the way sometime. I get off of work at 5:30-:45.

Where are the wires located? Are they on the handle bar near the brake lever? It could be that the wires connectors had been broken. They slide on to a switch the controls the whether the brake light is on or off when the you squeeze. Or is this a different problem?

connect them toghether and see what happens,

Aharon Sandland /

did that and got nothing

Aharon Sandland /

Ausrot,

Sounds good let me know when youve got some time.

Aharon

Colin Summers /

have u checked to make sure that the battery was drained and can u start your ped with out the battery just with the peddles ?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account