peugeot stalls

My 77 peugeot 103sp stalls after about 20 minutes of riding, it starts right up, runs great then justs stalls and won't start for about a half hour. It will run again for a bit and stalls again. Someone told me it might be the condenser, does this sound right? Help me...

Bigos

Re: peugeot stalls

Hey:

One of my Peugeots has the same problem. I'm pretty sure it's the condensor (I can see arcing across the points when it runs), but I can't get the damned flywheel off to replace it. I borrowed a Peugeot flywheel puller and the tool broke before the flywheel would budge.

If you get yours fixed, let me know.

Chris.

So there is no spark when it dies?

What about vent hole in gas cap?

Do you have an outside coil?

If yes, check all connections, use some electrical cleaner to clean this thing. The reason I mention coil I've had Columbia with Solo engine and it was doing this same thing, replaced condenser- still this same problem, finally I noticed that coil is all greasy so I replaced it with another one and that fixed the problem. Peugeot 103SP is using standard Bosh coil I believe so maybe give it the try.

I have 103 and also Batavus Grand Prix with Peugeot engine.

Those are good engines.

Niech zyje bigos

Z

peugeot stalls

Mine did the same thing, and I thought it was the condensor too. Spray the condensor with coolant after it stalls. Condensors don't work properly when they get too hot, I guess. So that will tell you if that's the problem. I recommend checking for air leaks first, though. Mine would ride for a while, then just die out whenever I got close to stopping. Turned out I had an air leak where the carb fits on the intake (check by spraying carb cleaner on suspect area while running). It was causing erratic idle too. Once I fixed it with liquid gasket, it ran great and didn't die on me anymore.

Hey Matt:

Thanks for the advice. Already have the instant gasket on the manifold. I have torn apart this moped and reassembled it. Everything is in decent shape and suspicious parts have been swapped out with my parts bikes. The only parts I can't get my grubby fingers on are the electricals under the flywheel for reasons I've already stated.

I haven't tried to start this particular moped this year, yet (I have eight others I've been working on), but if it starts up, I'll try the condensor cooling trick you suggested.

Chris.

Hey Ziggy:

I'll take a look at the coil and try and clean it out with electrical parts cleaner.

Thanks for the input.

Chris.

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

mopedwarehouse has quality flywheel pullers. $20

Hi:

I borrowed a flywheel puller from Moped Warehouse (they were very kind to lend me one by mail) because they didn't have any in stock to sell.

That's the Peugeot flywheel puller I broke. Luckily I was able to fix it, and they were cool about the whole thing. Moped Warehouse rocks!

In other words, an official Peugeot flywheel puller is unable to remove my flywheel.

Chris.

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Hey Chris, I think the chart in your profile is mixed up.

Brooklyn

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account