throttle cable slipped out of grip

Chas Nelson /

the throttle cable on my 1980 puch magnum moped slipped out of the handle. i reattached the cable to the sliding attachment in the handle but the throttle still does not work, i noticed on my other puch magnaum that the small metal cap on the throttle cable is hidden in the throttle grip . on the one that doesn't work it is not in the grip and if i push it in the grip it keeps coming out. i don't see how it gets attached. help please................

Re: throttle cable slipped out of grip

is the cable end holder plastic? are you putting it in the right way and if it is plastic do you see any bent or snaped off pieces? try inserting it into the grip a number of different ways.

Chas Nelson /

the end of the cable is a metal hollow clip that the throttle cable goes into and then the bare braided cable goes into the handle grip.

See Ya Moped Army /

If you have the throttle assy in which the bare end of the cable slides through a little rectangular shaped metal piece, there is a small set screw that screws into the bottom of that piece which stops the cable from moving when the throttle is turned.

Chas Nelson /

thank you.................i'll take a look.

appreciate your help.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account