Peugeut 103 airbox

Marc Dimmitt /

Need an airbox for a 103 I scored for $75.00 got it running but don't want to frick it up sucking crud into the carb. Won't take a generik filter cause of the weird throttle thingy HELP!!!! also if you are looking for moped parts and live near a marina they have plugs and other stuff for dingy motors and the small engine plug book gives gap settings for mopeds. THE MOPED ARMY WILL BEAT BUSH IN 2004 !!!!!!

Re: Peugeut 103 airbox

Travis Hill /

I've got an airbox for a 103 sp. Mine's an 81. Make me an offer if you want it.

Marc Dimmitt /

Where are you located ? I,ll go $20.00 if the shipping isn't too much. Also found I need a rear (left) brake lever and would be interested in pedals and crank arms as mine are bent up quite a bit. Thanx, Marc

Travis Hill /

I am in Roanoke VA. I wouldn't think shipping would be too much. Let me know where you are and I can try and find out for ya.

I have the break levers but I think I took one of them apart. I'll have to look and see tonight and let you know. I don't have pedals or cranks as I used those for my other ped. Sorry.

Marc Dimmitt /

I am in the san francisco bay area Zip 94930. All I need for the rear brake is the lever itself the bottom part of the pivot where the bolt goes thru is cracked - not good!!!

Also I need the screw for the airbox as that is missing as well. Thanx again, Marc

Travis Hill /

see pic

1088597956_dscf0053.jpg

Travis Hill /

see another pic

1088598106_dscf0056.jpg

Travis Hill /

I took pics to make sure this stuff is the same as yours. Let me know.

Marc Dimmitt /

Thanx for the pix, looks like the right stuff, does the carb have that strange choke plate that goes thru a slot in the airbox where it attatches to the carb body? If so that would be the one I need (also need screw to hold it on, 2.5mm? I think) would love to get this stuff ASAP as the Bus fare goes up tomorrow and I really don't look forward to spending $2.00 to go a mile and a half. Maybe you could send express mail C.O.D.

Thanx again for your help, Marc

Travis Hill /

Email sent.

Marc Dimmitt /

Somehow my email account is screwed up here at the studio and I'm not getting my mail? Please get back to me @moped army I really want the parts !!! Thanx, Marc

Travis Hill /

Marc,

It sounds like this is what you need. Mine does have the choke that you described. It also has a screw that goes through the box to hold it to the carb. $20 for the airbox sounds good, and I'll just throw the brake lever in for free. Is there anything else you need? I put more pictures of the bike in the buy/sell forum on mopedarmy.com.

I used the internet to try and figure out a very rough estimate on how much the shipping charges would be and for express mail it is almost $30! See if this link works for you: http://postcalc.usps.gov/speed.asp?length=&height=&width=&MT=2&M=0&P=5&O=&OZ=24014&DZ=94930&x=11&y=9

Again, this is a very rough estimate, but seems like a lot to me. I'll leave that up to you.

I'm not too into the idea of COD. I would prefer to do something like paypal.

Travis

Jared

Travis Hill /

I sent you an email.

Marc Dimmitt /

I'm not set up with paypal or anything like it. If you give me your address I will send you a money order. I think that UPS or Fedex ground would be less than $10.00 so I could send you a money order for $30.00 if that is Ok by you. My address is Marc Dimmitt 60 Frustuck Ave. Front Unit, Fairfax CA. 94930 I could use an on off switch and the rubber boots for the wiring on the brake light and headlight switch rotted off so if you have any of that I will be glad to throw in a few more bucks. Thanx Again, Marc

Travis Hill /

Marc,

Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday. I have pulled all of the parts off the bike and now I'm trying to remember what everyone needed. If I remember correctly you wanted the airbox assembly and the on/off switch? I was thinking there was something else. Mine didn't have any kind of rubber boots on any of the wires. The money order will work unless you want to sign up for paypal real quick. This will make things much faster, but it's up to you. My address is:

Travis Hill

1718 Rutrough Rd Apt 3

Roanoke, VA 24014

Marc Dimmitt /

Travis, I need the brake lever you sent the pic of. I am sending a money order for $35.00 today so you should get it in a few days. Can't wait to get the ped running, the bus I was on this morning broke down and I was late for work. Thanx again, Marc

Travis Hill /

I remember the brake lever now. I'll be looking for the money order and I'll get your parts out asap.

That's no good about the bus :(

Jeremy Draper /

hey sorry to butt in to this chat but do either of you guys know the spark plug type gap and points gap for a pug 102 1974 model ? also do you set the points when its on that mark on the thingamy wheel god damb i forget what the power thing is called. He and also does it just pull off to ghet to the points and condensor ? my one is super stuck on if they do so much so that i wonder if it unscrews but is got a keyway so ? i cant see a key in there though so?????? please help me if you know anything about this model i assume its similar to a 103? what is the difference? thank you

Marc Dimmitt /

Travis, Got the parts yesterday and they all fit. Took a ride to work and back, stalled a few times but just needs some tweaking I think. Thanx again for everything, you rock!

Marc

Travis Hill /

Glad to hear it!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account