stalling at stops....

My TSM has recently aquired this new symptom of stalling at at stops. It has a greater chance of doing so if I really stop hard. If I gradually stop it will idle ok for about a minute, then die. I tried increasing the idle speed but all I get is a bike that pulls more at stops yet still dies on hard stops.

Any ideas? I'm out.....

thx

Re: stalling at stops....

Adam Foreman /

check your lights. that happened to my friends trac. whenever he would break the bike would stalle. if your lights dont work it might kill the engine.

Jason Luther /

my puch will occasionally do that, so i just give it a little burst of gas when im about the come to a stop and that solved it.-jason

Gregory Mcintire /

This is usually caused by the idle mixture being either too rich or too lean. I don't know what carb your bike has so I can't help beyond that. Air leaks (crank seals, cyl. base gasket, intake tube gasket, carb mount to intake etc.) can cause a lean condition which will be most pronounced at idle rather than high RPM. Low compression can cause it to not idle although it should also have low power otherwise if compression is the problem.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account