Sachs airbox

I need to fabricate an airbox for my sachs motor. Can anyone send me pics of the inside / outside of the box, specifically of the air intakes and inside where the air filter resides.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Sachs airbox

what kind of sachs is it?

Its for a 1975 hercules sachs moped.

Ben Van Zoest /

mopedwarehouse sells boxes + filters for 500/505 type engines. about 35$ it would be hard to make yourself.

Thanks for the warning about fabrication difficulity, but i'm cheap and i'm up for a challenge.

bump

There's a pic at www.themopedjunkyard.com.

Thor

what is the model name of the bike, because that one on MJY looks nothing like the stock one from my bike, I'll send you pics of mine if you would like

I can sell you also. I have tons of NOS sachs parts. Airfilter, case, and endcap for $40.

BK

BK, I'll consider your offer. Thanks.

Yes, please post a pic of your airbox, or what it needs to connect to.

please send me them

bump

The reason that you will have a hard time fabricating it is because the sachs airbox has the choke built in to it. you will have to make a base that contains a choke, the filter and a pretty schnazzy almost waterproof housing. Hard to do.

Or you can go to sears,a nd get a lawnmower air filter, and duct tape it on. No choke but it'll keep some of the dust out.

and if it gets wet you replace the filter.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account