Noisy Puch Maxi

James Smith /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I've recently purchased a Puch Maxi here in Canada and I have already fixed a lot of smaller problems on the bike. Now it's time to get into the nitty gritty of the inner workings.

The bike runs great, starts fast, and has a nice top speed, but it is very noisy, so noisy that it's hard to hear the horn (which I just fixed) over the noise of the engine. I'm pretty much just planning on taking the thing apart and looking at everything, but I was wondering if any Puch owners here would have an idea of where I should start and what I should look at first.

It has an italian carb on it at the moment instead of the proper German bing carb. Could that be a source of some of the noise? Should I look into replacing the engine bearing or the wheel bearings? Any help on tuning this thing up properly would be great. I don't wanna wake up the neighbourhood with my nightly joy rides.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account