spark for a hobbit

Travis Hill /

New thread started...

I know exactly what wire you're talking about. So I should actually disconnect all other wires except for that one and that will bypass the ignition switch/kill switch?

Re: spark for a hobbit

Travis Hill /

Also, behind the flywheel where the point are, the manual said something about "oiling the felt." The only felt I saw was in the copper coil things. Are you supposed to put oil on these? That doesn't really seem right.

there's no need to disconnect the rest of the wires. The rest of the wires can do their own thing without affecting the spark.

All this does is complete the spark circuit while bypassing the rectifier, the ignition switch, the kill switch and the other non-related components and wiring on the bike.

When you buy a new set of points, it should come with a tiny plastic vial of special distributor cam grease.. high temperature, waterproof.. special stuff. I think this is what they are talking about. The felt acts as a grease reservoir.

Cam grease should be available at any auto parts store.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account