CATEYE BL700 WIRING DIAGRAM?

Anyone got one of these or know where to find one? I have a cateye bl700 on my bike. It was all wired up by the previous owner, except for the power. Should I splice the power from the lights? Where would link the power to in the little reflector box?

Also since the battery is a ni-cad 6volt can't I just bypass it since my bike is a 6volt system?

Re: CATEYE BL700 WIRING DIAGRAM?

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Im not sure about bypass, but when I had a cateye I just spliced it on the wire that went to the headlight. Worked.

Brooklyn

Fuck, can you send me a picture of the cateye.?

if you decide to sell them please tell me, im looking for a set SINCE...SINCE LONG TIME!

i think bypassing would work...

thanks

g.b.

Tom Carney /

Got it working! I think my battery doesn't hold a charge though. It only blinks once after a lot of full throttle riding. Need to go out and by some new nicad cells.

Hi, you mentioned you needed a new nicad cells, do you have any idea where they can be bought??

Somebody please open up your cateye bl700, just the little box, take two hi-res pictures of the front and back of the circuit board, and post them. I will make a schematic.

John Joedicke /

Sent you one to your yahoo. If that doesn't get you where do you want it sent?

The search still works.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/6/27925/27925/

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

Shudder.....Analog circuitry makes me sick......

I'm just gonna scrap that whole idea and make a schematic with a timer circuit like i was going to do. LEDS are the way to go. When i am done i'll post the schematic, for all you electronically educated guys out there. Geez, i looked at the discussion in 2003 with spitfire about this topic, and he was trying to sell the whole kits for 100 $......First off: way tooo much $, and Second: these forums are supposed to be helpful, not full of sales pitches :)

David Gabert /

Does anyone know if those atv signal kits work better than these old cat eyes? Heeters sells them... eBay too. 45-60 bucks. I have a beat up set that will need a new battery, lots of love, and work with a 12v system! :)

John Joedicke /

Cats Eye Info

cateye_page_1.jpg
cateye_page_2.jpg
cateye_page_3.jpg

David Gabert /

Thanks!!! I was looking at my set and they are pretty much done with. Cracked and broken and done for! Lol what I plan on doing is hooking up a 12v battery system with signals a stand alone. Probably put the battery in the closed tool compartment. May even make it so I can recharge it with a charger. This way... I can just make a 12v harness and don't need to accommodate for signals- just brake and headlight.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account