Tomos Lx Shifts Too SLOW

Red Larsen /

Yo, i got a 2001 Tomos Targa Lx and it seems to have a tough time shifting into second gear. I tried putting transmission fluid in but it didnt do much, besides theres a little hole thing it always leaks out of, Is that supposed to happen? Anyway if u no how to fix it TELL ME

THanks

Red

Re: Tomos Lx Shifts Too SLOW

First off, sounds like your overfilling it which affects it. You are supposed to fill it only up to the point when the ATF starts coming out of the hole that is 1/3 of the way up on the transmission cover. Also, secondly, what type of ATF are you throwing in there? Lastly, are you telling me you used oil before or nothing? This all affects shifting.

Red Larsen /
red OP

I think it was like f class or something, im not sure cuz i dont have it right now, and i bought this moped used recently, so i dont no what the guy did with it before me as far as the oil goes. And that hole your talkin about, is it the one thats sorta like under the bike on the opposite side of the transmission? Thanks man

Red

Leppy The Lepracaun /

my Tomos Targa also shifts slow to second gear, makes kind of a whiny noise but once its in 3rd its calm. but its a 94 i can understand its pain. but i also wanna figure out how to fix this crap so more people tell us please.

buy a bi-turbo they shif really fast with a peformance muffler

3rd??? lol

Alan

No, the hole is on the transmission cover, opposite of where the magneto/oil pump is. It is 1/3 of the way up and it has a philips head.

By the way, you want to use type-F for the best shifts.

Leppy The Lepracaun /

you should see it when its in 4th

haha yeah when your tomos targa is in 4th gear. you'll be waiting quite a while

Red Larsen /
red OP

Ok, thanks. Just one more question. Theres a hole in the botom of the bike it always leaks out of, and its not the fill hole, is there supposed to be a plug or a screw in that?

Thanks man

-Red

Is there no screw in that hole? You might be talking about the drain hole which should obviously have a bolt in it.

Red Larsen /
red OP

yeah, thats the one, i guess it fell out or something which sucks.

Thanks

-Red

did anyone else just smack themselves in the forehead? holy shit no drain plug??? at least put the filler plug in it till you get a new drain plug. and hey rico, i want your tranny i'll trade you ;-)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account