Re: Is this even fixable? Can anyone in cinci help

Gregory Mcintire /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

The 4 inch tube sticks into the aluminum peice about 3 and 1/2 inches, sticking out or the aluminum tube about 1/2 inch. Its holes must be in that end that stick out, as well as on the other end. The holes are the same on one end as the other such that you could put it in either way.

The nut is an odd one. I believe it is a 7mm metric. Keep in mind that when you specify a nut as being 6 or 7 or 8mm that that refers to the size of the hole, not the size of a wrench that fits it. If you cannot find a 7mm metric nut you may be able to cut new thread with a 1/4 inch fine thread die. You could also weld on a new threaded rod to replace the existing end. It is a rod about a foot long. Just remove the single bolt holding the muffler to the frame, then you can remove the muffler and work on it easily.

One comment about "performance" pipes. They tend to be a compromise. You may gain more top speed but at the loss of power on the low speed. I tried a Biturbo on my Puch Maxi. It gave a slight gain on the top end but completely destroyed the bottom end. It was absolutely gutless until I got up to about 22 MPH, and then its performance gain was only minimal.

An expansion chamber (performance exhaust) has to be designed with the port timing and port size of the cylinder taken into account as well as the RPM of desired power band. In otherwords there is no such thing as a properly designed one-size-fits-all pipe. The various models of Puch mopeds alone have at least three different cylinder port configuarations (maybe more that I don't know of) so any given pipe advertised for the Puch can't be made to work well with all of those variations.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Is this even fixable? Can anyone in cinci help?Topic by: Randall F Randall F 06/21/04 09:41PM
  Re: Is this even fixable? Can anyone in cinci helpRe: Ray West Ray West 06/22/04 12:37AM
  Re: Is this even fixable? Can anyone in cinci helpRe: Adam Cook Adam Cook 06/22/04 02:49AM
  Re: Is this even fixable? Can anyone in cinci helpRe: Randall F Randall F 06/22/04 02:59AM
  Re: Is this even fixable? Can anyone in cinci helpRe: John Joedicke John Joedicke 06/22/04 09:13AM
  Re: Is this even fixable? Can anyone in cinci helpRe: Randall F Randall F 06/22/04 09:27AM
  Re: Is this even fixable? Can anyone in cinci helpRe: Gregory Mcintire Gregory Mcintire 06/22/04 10:22AM
  Re: Is this even fixable? Can anyone in cinci helpRe: Randall F Randall F 06/22/04 02:40PM
  Re: Is this even fixable? Can anyone in cinci helpRe: Randall F Randall F 06/23/04 01:23AM
  Re: Is this even fixable? Can anyone in cinci helpRe: Randall F Randall F 06/22/04 02:50PM
  Re: Is this even fixable? Can anyone in cinci helpRe: Gregory Mcintire Gregory Mcintire 06/22/04 04:59PM
  Re: Is this even fixable? Can anyone in cinci helpRe: Randall F Randall F 06/23/04 01:24AM
  Re: Is this even fixable? Can anyone in cinci helpRe: Gregory Mcintire Gregory Mcintire 06/23/04 10:20AM
  Re: Is this even fixable? Can anyone in cinci helpRe: Chris Paz Chris Paz 06/23/04 03:26AM
  Re: Is this even fixable? Can anyone in cinci helpRe: Chris Paz Chris Paz 06/23/04 03:29AM
  THAT IS FORKING LOUD!!!Re: Randall F Randall F 06/23/04 08:55AM
  GroanRe: Randall F Randall F 06/23/04 10:01AM
  Re: GroanRe: Gregory Mcintire Gregory Mcintire 06/23/04 10:34AM
  Ok, here we goRe: Randall F Randall F 06/23/04 10:58AM
  AND THERE I GO!!!!Re: Randall F Randall F 06/23/04 11:12AM
  Re: AND THERE I GO!!!!Re: Randall F Randall F 06/24/04 06:12AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account