wow..gimmyjimmy needs help!

not for me though,

a friend just got a TRAC moped and it smokes like a crop-duster, is there adjustment on the oil injector on this bike?

thanks in advance,

jimmygimmy

Re: wow..gimmyjimmy needs help!

You could try a nicotine patch, it works on some models of humans.

But seriously folks... What year is the Trac?

I've never seen a Trac with an oil injector or a poor Republican, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

whats with these oil injectors.. i havent seen a treatise on the details of they work or how to fix them or anything in the forums or Resources..

it'd be nice if whoever is bogarting the info would pass it on.. oops.. accidental pun..

i do know that the viscosity of the oil is important.. need a light oil for the pump.. MAybe if it's too light it will inject too much and smoke like hell..

Jason Luther /

i say "screw the oil injector!!, and mix it yourselves you lazy bums." how can you every be _sure_ of how much oil is being introduced?-jason

Gimmyjimmy . /

Zip-

But it doesn't smoke when the engine stops...strange.

but seriously tho,

"What year is the Trac?"

It looks like this one, a Clipper.. late eighties I guess,:

do I put the nico patch over the hole the smoke cums out?

jimmgummy

Gimmyjimmy . /

Grab both your ears and pull them straight out until it hurts, then quickly let go and let them snap back.

now,

after you realize what you said about always premixing, do you know how many 2 stroke machines use injectors?

Mant peeps bypass the injector, but most use and welcome the convenience.

gj

Gimmyjimmy . /

mant peeps...wtf?

>many people...it should be.

i can be a dummy keyboarder sometimes.

there should be a set screw on it someware

wait, you can mix your own fuel and not use the oil injector at all??? thats whats been giving me the most shit!!!!!!!!!1

Block the so-called injection(disable and disconnect the pump), mix 40:1, and replace that spark plug, also making sure the carb is releasing the choke fully and there is no thru-leakage of fuel thru the needle valve. ALL that said and DONE?..........you got a perfect `ped! LOL! Take care GJ! don-ohio

If the ped has been setting for awhile and the oil injector has a very tiny slow leak, the muffler and exhuasdt pipe could have a lot of old oil in there. You could try flushing the tailpipe/muffler. I don't know where the adjustment is on that model Trac but start at the carb or intake manifold where an oil line goes in and work back to the oil pump. There should be some sort of a regulator adjustor on the pump or the line going into the pump.

As for the nico patch, roll it up tight and light one end and puff on the other. You might also want to fill it with some forbidden fruit, adds to the experience. Dubee, Dubee, Doo ...

Gimmyjimmy . /

OK, Zippy...happier trails to you.

Gimmyjimmy . /

I'll see the guy this week-end and suggest pre-mixing (again), but I think he wants to keep using the injector.

thanks, don-o!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account