Cosmo Stinger clutch lock up problem

Perry Manessis /

After over 2,650 trouble free KM, my clutch locked up, it felt as if I was doing a plug chop and shut off the motor at full throttle. The rear wheel didn't lock up. It feels as there is no slippage in the clutch. Now the ped won't idle unless it's on the stand. It freewheels when it's off and you push it or pedal it forward but it won't freewheel when you push it backwards. Is there a way to release it without having to disect the entire gearbox? Or do you think the clutch is gone at only 2,650KM? I let it sit overnight to see if it would release if it cooled down but nothing.

Re: Cosmo Stinger clutch lock up problem

Perry..........this stupid PC is giving me troubl;e...........just like your Cosmo. Check the rubber parts in your tranny. I'm sure you're well aware they have a HISTORY. don-ohio

Re: Cosmo Stinger clutch lock up problem

Perry Manessis /

Thanks Don-O, but the rear tire spins fine. It's the clutch that's not disengaging. Chris MWH, thinks it may be be the grommets that attach the starting disc to the preasure plate. I will pull it off and check it. The ped still runs good but I can't stop or else it clanks and cuts off.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account