Wrong Oil

Hi, Thanks for reading this.

A few weeks ago I bought a scooter (yamaha bws 1999).

My cousin has a motocross (50 cc), and I needed to put in some oil. He had some IPONE Synthesis 2 (on this site: http://www.ipone.fr/1/1.2/index_produit.php?lang=2 )

Since that time im having lots of problems.

When I start the scooter I have lots of power, but once I start riding it (after 2 minutes) I start losing my power. When I give it gas it stalls.

Im wondering if its the fault of the oil or is it something else(maybe overheating but im not good in mechanics so I have no idea how to find out).

Now I bought the good oil (Ipone SCOOT CITY)

Re: Wrong Oil

I dont think my problem is oil.

Im thinking its maybe an air problem or maybe fuel.

Il clarify my 1st post: When Im riding since a few minutes(high rpm like about 60-90 km/h), Now all is going great. Until I get to a stop sign, once I give it gas it wont go it (it idles ok) once I give it gas to go it as tendancy to stall.

So if I want to accelerate i need to keep playing with the gas (give it gas release gas leaver - real fast) Than it starts to go. Or I shut it off a few minutes and start it back and it has full power.

My question is: Does anyone know whats my problem and how I can fix this? Because its very annoying, especially when in traffic.

Gregory Mcintire /

It could be a few different things but one possible thing would be water in the gas, which is sitting in the bottom of the float bowl. It the carb has a drain screw try draining the bowl. Ootherwise take off the carb and clean it.

Thanks for the reply. Il try draining the bowl. But im pretty sure it drains itself (there is a little hose sticking out of the bottom of the bowl). My dad told me I should clean my carb but I didnt think that would be the problem because I cleaned it 2 times. But Il clean it again just to be sure.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account