Sachs Trans. leak

I have a 81 Sachs moped. The clutch is not working right and it is leaking trans. fluid, looks to be around where the cable gos into the engine. Looks like some one has replaced the clutch cable with the wrong one (like a bike brake cable). Does anyone know where I could get a new cable and is there anything I should look out for when I replace it? What type of trans. fluid does it use?

Thanks

Lee

Re: Sachs Trans. leak

look out for ruining seals when playing with the clutch linkage.

the last guy didn't and probably wasn't careful about adjusting the clutch either.. This forum has a Resources function and there are manual and other helpful stuff posted.

here's a manual for a sachs that might help.

http://www.mopedriders.org/article_view.php?faq=2&fldAuto=44

That is a common problem with Sachs engines. The cable acts as a wick. There should be a rubber sleeve over the cable that helps seal it there. Also make sure you haven't overfilled with fluid.

Lee Mash /

What is the best way to check to see if it is over filled? The unit has a rubber cap on the cable but it does not fit tight, maybe because it has the wrong cable on it.

Lee Mash /

Thanks for the help and linkfor a manual!!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account