puch problems

my puch maxi-luxe is messed up. When you twist the throttle half way the engine dies. Any solutions?

Re: puch problems

Jason Luther /

1. do you have gas in it

2. is the aircleaner on

3. has it been sitting for a year? or is this a new phenomenon?

4. does it die like its starving for gas or air, or does it die like its being bogged down by the clutch or something?

5. jason

I have a 1978 J.C.Penney Pinto2 that will not fire. I have checked the coil and it is O.K. . Have replaced the points and condenser Plug is O.K.also. No fire to the plug at all. Any help will be appreciatde

Jason Luther /

1. new plug?

2. work backwards from the plug to the plug boot to the wire and so on

3. is the kill switch shorted out?

4. are the head light or tail light bulbs broken?

5. jason

in the carb sometimes there will be a small fuel filter there the gas line goes

i took mine out and got a really good inline fuel filter because its a real pain to take apart your carb just to unclog a small filter.

so check for this and if there is one distroy it or save it

oh and clean your points, set the timing, and get a new plug then set the gap on it

Thanks for the advice regarding my Pinto. Since it did not have a horn I took your advice and attached the horn wires together and presto it fired and started running. I am forever grateful for everyones help.

Your exhaust is probably clogged. Use some water and de greeser to clean it out really good, but first just take it off and run it without the muffler too see. You could also buy a bi turbo or a stock on on e-bay or at sites around on the web.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account