AMF no spark? need parts

I have a 79 AMF with the Mccullagh engine. I bought it all apart in a box. I have it all back together the way I think it goes. But I have no spark. It also has no lights what so ever on it. I am looking for a repair manual on the whole bike and or the engine. Any help would be great!!

Thanks

Lee

AMF no spark? need parts

GO ON EBAY UNDER AMF ROADMASTER MOPED, THEY SOMETIMES HAVE THE MANUALS LISTED, IF NOT EMAIL ME AND I'LL GET YOU A COPY OF MINE. JIM

Re: AMF no spark? need parts

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Also clean the points and check the spark plug.

Brooklyn

Re: Thanks for the help

Lee Mash /

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help Doug sold me a set of manual and know I can start work on it.

Thanks

Lee

Lee Does your AMF have points or electronic ignition? I worked on several motors and all were electronic ignitions-- no points. I looked around but was unable to find the parts I needed. Good luck!

Bob

Lee Mash /

It has electronic ignition. I got a manual for it. I am trouble shooting it now. Doug says he can get me any part I need, including the CDI module.

Thanks

Lee

Terry Hoyle /

Lee;

I have the same problem with the same bike, any lead on parts and manuals appreciated.

Terry

Denver

same here

This guy might have parts:

R & D 812 - 384 - 3612

Man, how fast does that thing go?

it must wail hard!

Let me know how it goes. I have all the manuals also. I just got mine and haven't started screwing with it yet.

I don’t know the specifics of this brand of moped’s wiring but generally speaking units with electronic ignition won’t spark by turning over the engine by hand. The reason being that the flywheel has to turn over a specific number of rpm to induce a current to switch over a transistor, the transistor being a substitute for the points. I should also point out that you should never try to crank the engine over without having either the spark plug lead grounded or a spark plug connected (in its proper fashion) or the solid state circuitry might be damaged.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account