Califfo questions

Dustin Cutt /

Hello guys, I have looked back at all the old posts on Califfo mopeds but none have answered my questions.

1]What is the fuel mix? I have heard many different mixes used on califfos, all the way up to 14:1!!

2]What is the correct level of oil in the oil sump,[only other califfo owners would know]

3] what is the stock High/Low screw set at on the Dellorto[so I have a base to go from.

Oh a history on the moped, I bought it at an automotive fleamarket, running, for 150.00 it needs work but hell I cant go wrong. It has a good blue spark so atleast I don't have to fight with the points.!! Oh and are there any other mopeds similar to a califfo? for a possible engine swap?

Re: Califfo questions

Dustin Cutt /
60hp OP

no answers?

if you don't know the oil mix, use a safe amount, like 24/1 until you find out.

the correct oil level on most engines is when it overflows out of a bolt hole somewhere near 1/2 way up the case.. sometimes that same hole is also the filler hole.

i dunno squat about dellortos..

nice deal.. $150 for a running bike is very cool.. no idea wtf a Califfo is so can't help you on similar makes.

Hang in here for a couple weeks and search for info on your own. You will become the resident Califfo Expert.

http://www.mopedriders.org/article_view.php?faq=2&fldAuto=14

Here's a manual. Also contact Devin of Motion Left. He's got a Califfo and it's tuned to the max.

BK

Dustin Cutt /
60hp OP

thanks man....

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account