Sachs motor oil plug

I have recently purchased two 1978 Sachs Balboas. I was assuming that all the lubrication was done with the oil gas mix but I see that their is some type of oil plug on the side of the engines. What if any type of oil is supposed to go there? How much? Thanks for your help.

Re: Sachs motor oil plug

Edward Edwards /

Thats where you put the ATF (automatic trans fluid) type "F". Fill it until the fluid starts to come out, wait till it stops then put the screw in. If you are going to change the fluid you have to take the side plate off, then put it back on and add your fluid through the screw hole.

Re: Sachs motor oil plug

There is no need to take the side plate off, just drain and fill from the same plug.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account