Motobecane 50VLA air filter?

Pete Gutierrez /

My filter is missing and I need to know where to get one. Anyone have a pic of the filter? Maybe I can make one.

Thanks

Re: Motobecane 50VLA air filter?

I would also like help on this subject as my motobecane is also missing the air filter. Thanks (:^)

See Ya Moped Army /

Are you missing the air filter or the whole black box with the air filter inside? The variator clutch models (50V, 50LA) had rear mounted, triangular shaped airboxes and the non-variator models (50L) had side mounted, square shaped air boxes.

Pete Gutierrez /

I have the black square box.

See Ya Moped Army /

So, you just need the inside filter element, correct? If so, I have them brand new.

MoPedLar

I also need one of these. I also need the black box as mine is cracked from someone cranking the bolt down to tight. any help in that area?

Matthew Westberg /

Bump

I also need one and I'm not sure if my 79 is an V/LA or an L

The intake points directly to the rear on mine, if that helps any.

See Ya Moped Army /

If it points to the rear, it's a 50V/VLA model. I don't think they made 50L's after 1977. I believe all '78 and later model 50's were 50V's.

I don't have any of those boxes, but I do have the screens that go inside the box.

MoPedLar

Matthew Westberg /

Here's a pic of my open intake, I need both the filter, and the box for it. Or at least a filter.

I've probably gotta start using my ped to get to work on (no other options), and I really don't want to wreck it. Even a good temp solution anyone could suggest would be great. I tried wiring on som dirtbike air filter foam (it's kind of like sponge), but it was way too dense and cut my power in half. :(

1089058585_intake.jpg

See Ya Moped Army /

Check out the diagrams at:

http://www.themopedjunkyard.com/gurtner.html

The filter for the airbox that goes on a 50V Moby (Variator Clutch models) is just a screen (see Diagram B). Diagram A is for the Mobys with Dimoby clutches. Dimoby clutch models have a side facing carb/airbox setup. Getting just a screen without the airbox will not help you if you have a 50V model.

MoPedLar

Matthew Westberg /

It's very hard to see what the airbox looks like in those pictures (looks like a random black blob) .

Does anyone have any pictures they could post that are a bit clearer? I would like to see what the airbox is like in the hopes that perhaps I could jury-rig one.

(Sadly the junkyard appears to be out of them in _both_ models).

Bart Krokosh /

mopedlar or others,

do you know what type or light bulb is required for the front headlight of a 6V 1970 motobecane .....I have attached a couple of pictures of the light, sadly my light was missing the bulb and I can not find any spec's on it.

Bart

1089226418_1970_light_side.jpg

Matthew Westberg /

Haha! Had me goin' for a second!

For a second I thought I might have some answers on the air filter box.

See Ya Moped Army /

That's a European/Canadian version Moby. I don't know if it uses the same bulb as the US Version.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account