Need wiring diagram of 2HP PUCH,please help!!

Robert Gosnell /

hello,ive got a 1977 Puch 2HP,i dont know if its a maxi,newport,or a magnum.i can seem to get any spark,i checked the ignition,points,and coil with a ohm meter for continuity and they checked out.im guessing its probably wired wrong?so if anyone has a wiring diagram,i would greatly appreciate it,on the puchs are they grounded to the frame?and will they run with blown taillights or brake lights?

thanks

robert

Re: Need wiring diagram of 2HP PUCH,please help!!

Tyler Jacobson /

www.mopedsonline.com should have the wireing diagram u need. i have a 2 speed two maybe i could get pictures of my wires... -tyler

Gregory Mcintire /

All you need to connect to get spark is the blue wire coming out of the magneto to one of the two coil terminals. The other coil terminal goes to ground. IF it also has a blue wire with black stripe coming out of the magneto, it needs to be grounded. If there is not a blue with black stripe then it is grounded internally in the magneto.

All other wires coming out of the magneto can be disconnected. That Puch does NOT require any lights to work for the ignition to work.

Jason Luther /

sure, if you wire it bare-bones like that the lights dont need to work. but wired properly, the lights, kill switch and ignition all share the common ground.-jason

Jason Luther /

Jason Luther /

sorry, page 118.-jason

Gregory Mcintire /

What do you mean by "share common ground"?

That model of Puch is wired such that if a light burns out the motor still has spark. If you lood at the wiring diagram and if you understand how the electrical components work, including the four magneto coils, it is easy to see that lights are not required to work. I have a 1977 Puch Maxi and if a tail light or any other light burns out, that is all that happens. It still runs.

Jason Luther /

okay, i never have had a bulb burn out, nor have i pulled one to see if it will still run., but as i recall the kill switch is wired with the head light circuit (which is joined with the tail light circuit) where they have the same ground, thus when a bulb burns out, its as though you flipped the kill switch.-jason

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account