Oil in muffler

I have had some problems with my fa50 I couldn't get it to turn over so I took off the muffler and as I was getting ready to set it on the table oil poured out of it, What could have caused this to happen and is the engine shot now, It will turn over now but only stays running for 5 seconds or less any ideas would be great

Re: Oil in muffler

Jason Luther /

the oil is probably unburned gas getting all sooty from the carbon. check to see that your float is working right in your carb and youre not flooding out.-jason

I'm flooding out bad how do I check the float?

Jason Luther /

first take the float off and see if it, well..floats. connected to the pivot of the float is a needle with a little rubber tip (needle valve) that gets pushed up into hole when the float lifts it up, shutting the gas flow off. that hole, and/or rubber tip is probably dirty and needs to get the gunk out of there. are you getting spark? because if you keep peddling and it isnt starting, all of the unburned gas will flood it out as well.-jason

Jason Luther /

i just read your origional post, i guess you are getting spark. just clean your carb very well.-jason

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account