puch tail light slow to illuminate

Would replacing the tail light bulb on my puch maxi make the fixture illuminate faster? I use the brakes and it takes way to long to be fully lit. Both brake switches work but it's still the same no matter which one i use. I don't want to be run over because of a slow light. Are there LED replacements i can buy that would make a difference? I'm not handy so a simple fix is preferred.

Thanks

Tom

Re: puch tail light slow to illuminate

Jason Luther /

perhaps your magneto needs to be cleaned, or you might have a wire thats bearly attached.-jason

Gregory Mcintire /

First, they lights on the Puch are not very bright at all at idle speed. Poor connections or misswired are possibilities, but be sure you are using the correct bulb, both wattage and voltage. The magneto does not have any brushes or anything else that needs cleaning so concentrate on wire connections.

Jason Luther /

except the magneto and coil magnets can rust. but yeah, at idle all the elctrical stuff is 'slow'. rev it up on the stand and see how much quicker your tail light will light.-jason

Hey Jason. I was having problems with my Puch taillight at first and got it running with a ground wire, But the stop light doesnt work. Whats up with that? I checked the cables and they are fine. I'm stumped.

Thanks

I have a 1975 Bombardier Puch Maxi and have the original manual. I have noticed that the break light is activated by a switch connected to the breaks. If you have checked your wires and all is well it must be a loose connection on your front and rear break. This switch is inside the breaks and should have wires running out of the breaks.

Hope this helps

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account