I burnt the Puch points.

I was wondering if I need to replace the points, magneto and the condenser on a puch maxi, because I didnt know how to set them and they rubbed against the magneto, and now my ped gets hotter than hellfire.

thanks

Re: I burnt the Puch points.

Jason Luther /

do you mean the coils (about the shape of a 'c' battery and wound with wire) rubbed the magneto?

Matt Grogan /

no. it wasnt that. The points werent set and they got ground down because there was no space in between the points and the ????? I dont know what that part is called. Please Help if you know. My guess is "flywheel" ??? I dont know. I just cracked one of the bolts on the cylinder head. Today is a great day.

Thanks

Matt Grogan /

hey jason whats up with my Puch Maxi Luxe. I changed the timing and cleaned the points, cleaned the carb, have new biturbo, right mix, correct throttle adjustment, idle is ok, but the engine gets so hot that it stalls out. And the compression really sucks. Any thoughts on that one.

Jason Luther /

did you do a plug chop to see if youre air/fuel mix is okay?-jason

Jason Luther /

i still cant see how your points were rubbing the flywheel, you have to be talking about the coils, or the magnets on the coils. it is the magneto that is circular and spins around the coils to make electricity.-jason

If you broke one of the cylinder studs, that's an easy fix. Just order a new one for like $2. You can unscrew them from the case with two nuts tightened together.

Matt Grogan /

I did a plug chops and its a new plug and black and wet, What do u think the problem is? yellow ish on the threads

Thanks

Jason Luther /

sounds like you have a fuel mixture problem, too much gas getting into your cylinder. your jet is probably too big.-jason

Matt Grogan /

what size jet should i get . I have a puch maxi luxe hi torque with a bing carb?

thanks

Jason Luther /

there is an article in the resources section that has the jet sizes for the coresponding carbs, youll need the numbers off of your carb though (on the back side near where the intake manifold connects). are you sure the carb isnt flooding out as you drive/ride? -jason

Matt Grogan /

Yeah it seems that way. I get no boost. Its like its choking on gas. I think its partnerd with a lack of compression, since i broke that head bolt on the cylinder head body. I'll get the number off the carb

Thanks

Jason Luther /

yeah like the other matt said, fixing the broken stud is easy and cheap. i bet youre flooding.-jason

Matt Grogan /

thanks jason

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account