my tomos problem that people should help me wit

ok a couple days ago i think my carb got clogged i think im not sure because everytime i went to start it it would start but would not go. So i had a extra carb in my garage and i put it on and not the moped heats up really bad and quick and i just went to start it and it would run but when i gave it gas it wouldent go and now it takes me 7 TIMES to start it before one kick and i was gone can someone help me? do i need a new carb?

Re: my tomos problem that people should help me wi

oh and i forgot that the airbox is not even on forgot to add that SOME PLEASE HELP

Lets see. Airbox off and overheating. This would be because you are running with too lean of a mixture, and your engine could seize. Removing the restriction of the air box is causing the fule air mix to have too much air for the size jet that you have in the carburator. Due to this you have to kick it over several times to get enough fule into the cylinder for the engine to fire.

Two posible fixes. Reinstall the airbox.

Or. Rejet the carburator with a larger jet, and do a plug chop to check the mixture.

how do u do a plug chop?

Mike Lumbert /

plug chop...run your ped for 1 mile then stop bike pull out the plug, plug should be light brown color,white to lean, darker color to rich

as to oil ratio remember this,Lean is less, Rich is more.

Mike

Mike Lumbert /

run ped for 1 mile then pull the plug,should be a nice tan color.

white is to lean,darker is to rich

remember Lean is less,Rich is more as to fuel.

Mike

i cant run it for a mile. it wont even go it starts and thats it when i hold the throttle it dies out

Put_the_air_box_on and try it.

ok i will try it thanks i will get bak soon so please keep in touch so i fix this quick thanks alot

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account