My tomos slips when trying to start?

Chris Zaleski /

Hey i just recieved a motor and when i tried to start it it has compression sometimes when i kick it over then sometimes there isnt any at all. What could be the prob?

Re: My tomos slips when trying to start?

Compression is not something that comes and goes.. you either have it or you don't. The piston moves up and compresses the air in the cylinder. If the spark plug were missing there would be no compression because the air would escape through the plug hole.

I'm going to guess that what you mean is that sometimes, when you pedal to start the engine, the clutch grabs and tries to start the engine and sometimes the clutch doesn't grab.

Rather than continuing to guess at what is happening and why, it would be nice if you could provide a few more details..

Chris Zaleski /

yea that is exactly whats happening. and the left pedal bar is bent as well

i guess the belt could be worn out or it could be loose or have oil on it so it slips sometimes. The clutch itself should _always_ grab when it is forced to rotate at a certain speed.

In order to know if there's something wrong with the clutch, first you'll have to make sure that the belt, chain, pedals, and everything else that spins the clutch is working properly.

Chris Zaleski /

Thanks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account