2001 Honda Elite 80

Eden Weiss /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hello to all!

Anyone know where to get a shop/repair manual for one of these.

I need the book or someone who knows these pretty well.

This is a 14 mm bolt which screws straight up into the bottom of engine. This was removed and the following contents came out. A very small amount of oil (1 to 2 ounces), a long spring, a white plastic cap, a 1.5 inch long metal shaft with several holes in it (my guess is for oil flow.) The spring has a very unusual shape and I have no idea which order the came out or go in?

This was mistaken by myself for the oil drain plug (dumb ASS.)

I have owned many different motorcycles and all had a drain plug positioned as this bolt was positioned.

Needless to say the oil has now been changed put I do not want to try to run the bike without knowing for sure that these before mentioned parts were reinstalled in the correct order.

You might ask why didn't I didn't remove the bolt slowly? I did and upon the last thread I had no idea that it was spring loaded so everything just flew out!

Any help would be great!

This scooter is the best with about 1400 miles on it, it has performed flawlessly and I have used it everyday since 10/05/03 which was the day that I bought it. That's right, everyday through the winter and rain and cold as this is my only form of transportation.

Thanks again,

Eden Weiss

203-887-7771

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account