Batavus Bingo Engine advice?

Karen Thornton /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I bought a Bingo off ebay a while back. Unfortunately, I was misslead on it's condition, but I chose to keep it anyway.

I've been inspecting the engine thoroughly and while I'm by no means an expert at engine repair, I feel I've researched the subject enough to know when something is a lost cause.

I'd like to drop the engine completely, and just toss it (or keep for parts). I'd have to replace so many parts to get it working again, that it just makes sense to get a new engine entirely.

So here comes the part where I need advice. I had this half baked idea this morning. What if I were to buy one of those engine setups that have been growing in popularity lately. The engine designed to transform a bicycle into a moped. (ie: http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/)

While the Bingo has got a heavy frame, it would appear that the engine would be powerful enough to propell it.

Am I dreaming here, or might this just work?

Comments please!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account