Are FA50s a Piece of ****?

Mike Monigold /

There are 5 different posts from 5 different people looking to get their Suzuki FA50s running! What's the deal with that? I'm thinkin that maybe if someone wanted to GIVE me one I'd think twice about takin it!

Re: Are FA50s a Piece of ****?

most of these bikes are like 20 years old (or more). how many 20 year old cars run well without a little maintenance here and there?

Mike Monigold /

It just seemed peculiar that so many posts about problems were about the FA50s.Maybe it was just a coincidence.

coincidence? i think not. it's pretty freakin awesome that so many are still running. look around - i think there's a post that says fa-50's have tweaky carbs which is understandable 'cause any 2 stroke carb is finicky, especially something as small as a 50cc. who knows...you looking to get one?

Jeremy Smoot /

I've had 2 '82 Suzuki Fa50's, and I never had a problem with either. I personally like the way they ride better than tomos, puch, and honda mopeds that I've ridden. The Suzuki's have more of a motorcycle feel to them, as compared to the feel of other mopeds that handle like you are riding a bike with an engine.

Jeremy

the fa 50 handles like a full size scooter, I have never been on a motorcycle that handles more like a fa 50 than a real moped

i have a very reliable fa50, ride at leased 10km a day to work and back and it just keeps going.

Though this is not without maitenance, but thats the only way you'll get a reliable ped, with regular servicing.

Those peds are very reliable, carb adjustment can be tricky by once you got it right those litlle peds go forever.

I've have 3 or 4 of those and the only thing I fixed was dirty carb.

Why don't all the owners of these little gems go on a quest for the perfect 70cc upgrade piston. Suzuki's engine couldn't have been so unique as to have the only 50cc piston of it's kind. There must be a similar engine that had a big bore piston made that we could use, don't you think?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account