Fuel Flow

Andy Kochvar /

...Ok i haven't had my Garelli running in about 5 months. I got the parts and put them all on; new piston rings, new gasket set etc. It ran shitty, like acceleration was horrible, for awhile, but top speed was ok. AFter a hour of riding 1/2 throttle around there, it stopped sucking (out of the fuel line)

I took off the fuel line from the carb. and turned on the petcock, and it flowed FINE. now when i put it back on the carb. there is NO flow at all. :S Please help!

Thanks,

Andy

Re: Fuel Flow

Andy Kochvar /

Also, is there a "decompression valve" of some sort on my Garelli Super Sport XL? If so, how do i adjust it?

-Tranny: it keeps leaking. I just recently filled it (so it leaked out of the whole, right amount was filled) and now it keeps leaking, even with a new gasket. Is SAE 30 WT the same as SAE 30 ? Please help, as this is serious pissing me off.

Thank you,

Andy

Leon Swarmer /

Andy, My garelli had a circular shaped fuel filter built on the carb right where the fuel line goes in. Do you have one? Have you cleaned this?

yes the 30 is the same 30

No decompression valve on my Eureka Flex

did you thoroughly clean the side where the gaskets meet?

you probably did.. you mibht need to put a straightedge against it to see if something is warped maybe???

Andy Kochvar /

thanks for those suggestions. I did clean the tranny box where the gaskets meet but ill take a more thourough look again. I will also thorougly clean the carb.

Thanks,

Andy

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account