moped runs by itself!

Josh Combs /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I recently bought a '98 s25 LUXE (Tomos) and got it in the other day. After priming and fixing the fuel float I got it to run. I cleaned the carb and all that jazz but it runs very crappy. The idle isn't exactly an idle. I've played with the screw and have it just above barely dying. If I just sit on the bike and let it idle it will slowly take off and eventually shift into second gear! Ive tried adjusting the trottle near the handlebars but that doesn't seem to help.

Also, once the choke pops up it runs bad. You can only give it about 80% throttle. After that it acts weird, it kind of does nothing but when you let off the throttle it will make a pft and then be ok. Sometimes it will shake like mad and feel as if its going to break. It shakes and it sounds as if something is in the chain.

I really don't know what to do. I plan on taking it to a shop but I'm more frustrated than anything. When you push the choke back down it usually performs better.

If you can decipher any of my post or have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,

Josh

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account