WUT THE HELL IS WRONG NOW?

OK i was riding the moped to my baseball practice and then it sat there and people sat on it and when i tryed to start it it wouldent start unless the throttle was open fully and the choke was down completely wut could this problem be?

Re: WUT THE HELL IS WRONG NOW?

Air leak. It's getting too much air, resulting in too lean a mix.

John Ayers /

so what should i do?

Thomas Malcolm /

Well, for me, my spark plug was too loose. Also, make sure your head bolts are tight enough. Don't over tighten them though. I snapped one of them off on my ped and I can't figure out how to fix it without taking the whole engine back apart.

Be sure the intake screws are all tight like the should be, and if it has a gasket that its in good condition. Make sure the carb-to-intake connection is sealed properly and the screws for it are tight. Some mopeds won't run without the air cleaner on them. Check to see that your air cleaner is still intact and your air cleaner box isn't leaking, and the connection from the air cleaner to the carb isn't leaking.

John Ayers /

what does that have to do with my problem? my problem is the only way the moped would run is if i have it on full throttle then it dies out after like 5 minutes

"what does that have to do with my problem? "

Everything, it is your problem. There is too much air in the mixture.

the question is what did the people sitting on it do? What could they have done.. probably sat there and twisted the throttle and made 'Vroom Vrooomm' noises .

So, is that throttle cable messed up? Is it still properly connected to the carburetor?

What else on the bike is easily accessable and someone could have reached down and messed with it.. I can't think of anything but you should take a close look at it and find whatever they did to the bike.

just occurred to me.. they mighta put some crap in your gastank.. CocaCola .. Sprite.. Budweiser..

Look in your float bowl for signs of a liquid other than fuel. If you see something, consider draining the gastank..

John Ayers /

i found out the problem and it is just the carb itself i dont no what was wrong with it but i think i put a a3 carb on a 35 engine and it runs now..

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account