81 tomos help

Charlie Bond /

ok i just obtained spark today, but i dont know what type of spark plug to get. what type for an 81 tomos bullet. its an a3 engine. thanks for the help

charlie

Re: 81 tomos help

Charlie Bond /

i have spark when i test it with the volt meter, but there is no spark when i put the spark plug up to something. could it be the ground? and if so where is it?

your explaination of what's happening isn't very clear to me..

What exactly did you test with the voltmeter?

How are you testing the plug by "putting it up to something"?

The spark plug ground is the engine.. the plug is grounded when you screw it into the engine. If you mean a ground for something else, what is that something else?

I think he just has a weak plug maybe?

Does it have electronic ignition or points. With points I think it takes a Bosch w8C like a Minarelli does. But just do a search here and it'll come up. The gap is wider for a plug that is on an electronic ignition. don-ohio

Charlie Bond /

i tested it by putting one end in the spark plug hole and one end on the moped. it registered spark and i even got shocked but when i put a spark plug in the cap and put it up to the cylinder head it doesnt spark. what could this be?\

charlie

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account