Clicking while pedaling and hard jolts

I am starting to get a clicking / hard jolt every few rotations of the pedals. The engine isn't turning over and the clicking and jolts are stopping the moped from moving please help.. thanks i have a garelli Gulp about 1988

Re: Clicking while pedaling and hard jolts

I have no idea what drive system you have. -

My Vespa Bravo did the same thing and cleaning, greasing the pivot points and roughing up the drive clutch shoes and contact surface fixed it.

standard 2 stroke engine with chan drive system. no battery alternator.. im not quite shure of the system myself

Is the chain rusted and fouled up? Sometimes one or two links will get jammed by rust or dirt and they have a hard time getting around the sprocket.

Leon Swarmer /

put the ped on its center stand, pull the plug wire off, flip the kill switch to off and go to the back of the ped and spin the back wheel. Are you still getting clicks and hesitations?

Leon

thanks leon i did what u asked and im still getting the skips and hesitations and the ocassional loud bang that jolts the small moving pedals almost backwards when there being pedaled.. but when i just spin the back tire i do hear clicking

oil the hell out of everything

Leon Swarmer /

Rob,

I have another question for you. IF you hold on to one pedal can you turn the other pedal a ways without turning the pedal shaft? Sometimes the beveled keys can get loose and the crank arms can slide on the shaft and cause jerking pedals

Leon

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account