Vespa Piaggio 1980 SI-50

Gardenia Kimmey /

I need a repair manual. I was given this moped that has been in storage for 20+ years. Cannot get the handle and the pedals off easily and do not want to force.

A manual would be nice but cannot seem to locate one with the dealer or anyone.

Vespa Supershop site has no email and their phone has been out of service. But they were selling:

A330010CY Copy of Haynes Owners Workshop Manual for Ciao & Bravo Mopeds 1968-1982 (will also cover the Grande and SI motors) $14.57

A330113CY Official Parts book for Vespa ..SI.. mopeds $11.47

Does anyone know if one of the above would help with the repairs? and any idea where is best place to get parts?

Re: Vespa Piaggio 1980 SI-50

Bruce Wilkinson /

The Ciao and Bravo workshop manual will cover most things on the Si. I have both a Ciao and a Si. The Si is a nice bike. I have the Si parts books and have never really lookat it. I don't think it's something you must have. Vespasupershop is the best for parts but Fabio is moving . Check ebay for the manual, I've seen them on there before. If you ask questions here , someone can help. bruce

Gardenia Kimmey /

Thanks for the answer. Another question:

How to remove the handle bar and the pedals ???

Do we need special tools to recondition this moped?

Found a website with the free downloadable manual but it is 39MB takes a lot of time to transfer and it takes 1hour to print.

http://www.classic-vespas.com/documents/VespaServiceManuals.pdf

Robert Schmittle /

Were you able to find a place to get the copy of the Haynes Owner Workshop Manuel for the ciao and bravo mopeds which would also work for the Grande (1968-1982).

Gardenia Kimmey /

Yes, I found it on-line. Now, I am ready to give on the bike. as is. Any suggestions? Way too much over our heads to fix this baby

Maybe you are in over your heads. You might want to consider selling it and buying a moped in a condition you can fix. The Si is a nice moped, and you might be able to sell a non-running one for enough to buy a running moped.

Gardenia Kimmey /

Thanks, Bret.

I will follow your advice.

Gardenia

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account