Tomos Gas Problem

Deon Holland /

I have a brand new 2004 Tomos LX, with 292 miles on it. I've been usin a gas addent to keep my carb and engine clean. I recently found out that I should use regular gas ONLY, because gas addents will make my engine run hot. I rode it today and it just cut off on me as if it ran out of gas. It still had gas in it. It barely made it back to my house, and when I got there, I took the fuel line out the carb, and turned the reserve switch off. When I turned the switch back on, Little drops of gas came out of the fuel line. I double checked in my tank, and I could see gas in it, (it wasn't full though). Every time I turn the reserve switch off then on, little drops would come out (It wouldn't run out like it should). How can I solve this problem?

Re: Tomos Gas Problem

It seems as if you have a bit of a blockage. Here is a solution that has worked for me when I have had such a blockage. First disconect the fule line and open up the valve. Then take a tolet plunger and plunge the open fule filling cap. Do this until the fule starts flowing. This methoud will either force the clogg out or suck it out of the fule line.

You probably have a clogged fuel cap. Just take a very small piece of metal and move it around in the vent hole (it's located on the side of the cap). If that doesn't work, re-drill the vent hole w/ a drill bit the same size as the hole.

Deon Holland /

Nevamind guys, your eyes really can be deceving. I filled it up wit fresh regular gas, and now it runs fine. Thanks for everything tho.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account