need a diagram for a moped engine

Hey gang,

I'm new to the moped world and Im trying to fix various mopeds. However, I dont know most of the names of the parts of the engine, Carb, etc.... Its really frustrating when your trying to explain to something to someone but you dont know what to call the part (ie...the little brass screw on the bottom of the carb is dripping)

A Diagram of a moped engine that had the names and pics of an engine would be really helpfull. Does anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks,

GREG

Re: need a diagram for a moped engine

greg, there are hundreds of models and brands of mopeds, so you have to tell us which particular moped you speak of. don-ohio

I have a 81 peugeot 102, and a 1970 motobecane 50v.

Don, Im talking very basic names and chart for an engine...2 stroke. I figured that they were pretty much the same, just looked a little different..(ie carb has: a float, a bowl, fuel jet, air box etc etc....)

John Joedicke /

Go to the moped junkyard and use there pics to get the names of the parts you want to know about, all kinds of pics of different makes of parts. JJ

should the fuel jet have a rubber washer/o-ring with it?

Im calling the "fuel jet" the little brass screw with holes in it on the bottom of the carb.

This is for my peugeot 102.

The problem im having is that the hole in side if the jet screw is not lining up with the hole in the carb. Is that a problem, and would including a rubber washer/o-ring help this?

Thanks,

GREG

Owner's Manual:

http://www.mopedriders.org/html/manuals/peugeot/ownersmanual.pdf

Dealer Swevyce Manual:

http://www.mopedriders.org/html/manuals/peugeot/dealerservicemanual.pdf

These fiiles are in PDF format so you need Adobe Acrobat Reader, which I'm sure knew.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account