Is Clicking in Transmission normal? AND Bogging

Josh Latour /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi All, Sorry for the duplicate. Respond to this message if you can help me. This message is complete.

I just started riding my 72 garelli and I have noticed that after I stop pedalling ( when the motor is not running ) it sounds sort of like the sound a ratchet makes when it is clicking ( when you are cocking it back for the next tighten or loosen). Is something wrong with it or is this a normal sound??

Also Does any body know the reason why my engine would bog down at low speeds? When I put on the choke while it is bogging it seems to Recover a bit. I can actually speed up quite well when I alternate Choke on Choke off Choke on Choke off etc. as I speed up and as I reach higher speeds the Problem seems to resolve itself... HHMMM

I don't have a Garelli air filter so have been using a Nylon stocking until I can find one (anybody know where to get one?) Could this be a factor?

Thanks for an assistance!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account