qt50 wont start

Garrett Parker /

It did work b4 i pulled it all apart so i could clean it and paint it. Got it all put back together and it looks nice but it wont start... I tried to check for a spark but it is harder than hell to do the with a kick start. The carb is clean and All my connections are good... Is there anything else that I could check?

Re: qt50 wont start

Get someone to kick it while you check for spark. if it doesn't have spark, you might have painted over a ground connection somewhere. Or paint could have gotten onto the ignition parts? Find out first for sure if you have spark. Okay? don-ohio (:^)

Garrett Parker /

i did just go outside and check... and there is no spark.. but all the connections are on bare metal and i didnt have any electrical parts around when i painted. That is what is baffling me. And i went through Fred's Resource.

hmm

e mail me ay p8ntrboy if u need help

i must go right now.... ill sleep on it and get back to you tomorrow

nick

Did you make sure the kill switch is not grounding? Could you have displaced the sparkplug wire? Maybe loosened it out of the coil? don-ohio

Garrett Parker /

I have come to the conclusion that it is the distributer. I replaced the spark plug today, tested the compression to check for leaks and no leaks, it is getting fuel and oil just fine, the carb is cleaner than hell... Its just not getting spark... So i think it is the distributer... could it possibly be the timing? What is the instrument on top of the motor that is connected to the throttle cable? I took it out so i could paint there (covered the hole naturally) and then put it right back. Could that have possible reset somthing that could make it go wrong?

Garrett Parker /

i didnt know it that had anything to do with the timing at all.

you cant adjust timing on the qt50. The qt50 has a CDI ignition, and all of that is taken care of by itself.

the "distributor " that you are talking about is more commonly called a "coil"

descrive what the piece ontop of the engine looks like- ill go out and look at my qt50 and tell you what it is

nick

Garrett Parker /

for some reason i know that it is a coil... i just called it a distributer because i was thinking cars and not peds. But i am bidding on one in an auction right now... and maybe that will fix the problem.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account