Help with my 1980 PA50!

Adam Redmann /

I just bought this moped and have no idea where to start fixing it. It has no key and no battery...so if anyone has one that they can sell...please let me know. I also need the battery case too. But any suggestions or tips on how to get it running...let me know...thanks!

Re: Help with my 1980 PA50!

Leonard Torres /

I had the same problem.at the switch there are four wires blackwith white stripe is the one you need it is being grounded so bike will not start.Disconnect it by the switch,it has a short wire that goes to a terminal with 3 black with white wires on it.You may not need a battery unless you have a battey box on the right side by the seat.Before you try to start it, is the carb dirty,gas tank clean,good spark plug,air filter clean,it is in between the belt on left side of bike,motor have compression?When these are checked,with bike on kick stand,stand on bike with front wheel touching the ground and pedal,press the decompression lever at the same time and the bike should start.

Re: Help with my 1980 PA50!

Adam Redmann /

I'm gonna start working on all this stuff tomorrow...I'll be sure to get back to you with anyother questions, but thanks for the help so far!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account