Re: BASIC MECHANICAL PROBLEM>>

Joe Woods /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

well.. maybe it is the clutch pads..

you mentioned ".. i just put some make shift pads .." on the bike and they are tight.. Are they overheating the clutch and maybe this is overheating something else and causing too much friction.. It's hard to say but why guess about it.

Waiting for the pads to wear down might take a while since pads are designed to wear down real slow :) So, first thing i'd do is get some sandpaper and grind the pads down till they do not drag at all. This will eliminate one possible reason for the problem.

But i think you already thought of that and cannot grind the pads down for some other reason, like the rivets are already close to the surface or something.. They do make bonded pads but i dunno what kinda glue they use to bond them. Maybe it's available. I guess they probably put the pads in an oven to cure the glue.. maybe i'll research this if i find some time since i would like to know..

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account